Monday, March 18, 2013

mia in the market(s).

so this past weekend i was the fat kid and decided to take a trip to smiths. (by myself duh!) I was going to deposit my check, but of course i got there a little too late. Obviously i didn't drive all the up there for nothing, so i made my regular pitstop to the candy isle. I had only brought w/me a total of like $10 so not too much was on the line. Anywho, i was looking to get some more gum, always the 5 cobalt 3-pack, but then i realized that the price was much cheaper at wal-mart. So i walked away...only to find that w/my (mom's) smiths card i could get 2 packs of starburst's jelly beans for four dollars. What a steal! yes, i gave in. I also managed to purchase a cherry coke (.79), and then i was off. I did manage to say good-bye to the mamba's that were in my hand for a good five minutes though. i had to compromise somehow. (and i didn't even buy one single girlscout cookie....i sold sixxxxty boxes)

As i got into my vehicle i realized i must get my gum, so i drove over to walmart. Again, straight to the candy isle. And there they were my Cobalt 3-pack just waiting for me. $1.50 less than smith's which made them that much more special. I of course couldn't stop there, and had to purchase some riesens. (so freakin' good)

Well me being me...i guess i wound up in the potato section and saw some hashbrowns that looked like heaven. I call my mom up, who is at cosco at the time, (runs in the family) and ask her if she would pay me back if i purchased them. She said yes, and so i grabbed them. Mind you, i did not have my own cart or basket so i just look like the fastet teenage girl in that grocery store heaving around all my goodies. Hahaha that made me feel like my mia was starting to show, which obvioulsy made me nervous, so i made my way to the check-out line. Self check out that is. (yes, i like to check myself out) <<funny.

I get there and open my wallet, and realize that I am the fiend that only has like four dollars. Ahhh? what to sacrifice. ...sorry kids. the hashbrowns have got to go. I scan my gum and riesens, and I go through this mental battle in my head of do I leave the hashbrowns here, and run out the door leaving the next walmart fiends w/a little surprise? Do i pay, and then run back to the potato isle and leave them be.....or do i just pay for the gum and riesens and run w/my hashbrowns in hand hoping no one will notice me, which was a pretty good bet I might add.

Well obviously I went w/the last option (jokes, went with the 2nd), but I just felt like the biggest shmee for leaving my hasbrowns behind.....next time mama will bring enough money for you.

p.s. i had just watched extreme couponing before heading on this journey

p.p.s. just because i got these riesens i consider this trip a total success
 
until next time,
 
MIA


1 comment:

  1. haha too hilarious. Loved your battle of the candies. Too bad I wasn't there to help you out.

    ReplyDelete