Thursday, December 6, 2012

BYU Dates, BYU Dates, BYU Dates, BYU Dates. Sorry if it's redundant

So......

BYU is full of wonderful surprises, and one of those surprises is that boys just keep bringing girls on the exact same dates over and over again. These consist of mini golf, classic skating, bowling, divine comedy, and bowling, and mini golf.

Let me relate one of these dates that I've been on recently.

So I am in my apartment making pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, when all of a sudden I hear my phone vibrating.
"Hello"

"Hi Megann, umm so are you going to the Ward Christmas party tonight? And what are you doing afterwards?"

"Yes I am, and I don't think I'm doing anything"

"Okay, well do you want to go bowling with some of us later?"

"Sure, that sounds fun."

So, after eating a delightful turkey meal, we head off to the bowling alley with 4 other couples.

But WAIT

I forgot I was "Grammy Megs", and I'm not supposed to lift things or really use my back for a while.

"So umm, I can't really bowl.....," I say. "I can't lift or throw the bowling ball"

"Okay well how about we get one of those racks, and I"ll put it on and you can just push it."

This sounded like a great idea.

So the night goes on, and I would stand up wait for my date to get the bowling ball walk over to the alley, and push the ball down the rack that a 3 yr old uses. Everyone would try to give me tips like.."push a little harder" or "aim the rack a little more to the right"

Just so you know bowling with a rack is way harder than it looks people

I got the lowest score I've ever gotten, looked like a complete dork, and pretty much everyone was looking at me.

But throughout the whole date I smiled and tried not to let people see the complete stupidity I felt inside as I walked back to my seat each time I bowled.

So in the end, now I can say that I've bowled with a rack and survived socially for the most part. At least that's what I think.

The End


No comments:

Post a Comment